Our team includes experts in usability, user experience (UX) and user interface design (UI) for multiple contexts and devices. Our own R&D lab also focuses on persuasive technologies and interactive installations and partners with other international R&D Centres.
We follow along the best practices of usability engineering. With several scientific papers published internationally Wow! also holds a couple of patents.
• "Ambient Persuasion for Relieving the Stress at the Office." Campos, P. and Freitas, P. (2008). Workshop on Surrounded by Ambient Persuasion, CHI 2008.
• "Designing an Interactive Forest through sensor-based installations." Dória A., Campos,P. and Fernandes E. (2008). CHI 2008 Extended Abstracts.
• "Interactivity for Museums: Designing and Comparing Sensor-based installations." Campos, P, Dória, A, Sousa M. (2009). In Proceedings of INTERACT 2009, Springer-Verlag.
• "SimCompany: an Educational game designed through a Human Work Interaction Design Approach" Campos, P., and Campos, A.(2009). In Proceedings of INTERACT 2009, Srpinger-Verlag.
• "How high can expectations go?: practitioner issues and risks of interactive installations." Pedro Campos, Miguel Campos and Joaquim Jorge (2011). ACM Interactions 18,3 (May 2011), 30-35.
• "Foot-turistic multimedia: designing multimedia installations for shoe shops" Campos, P., Campos, M., Pestana, J. and Jorge, J. (2011). Multimedia Tools and Applications. Volume 61, Number 2 (2012), 471-487, Springer.
• "Interactive Installations: Tales from the Trenches." Campos, P., Campos, M., and Jorge, J. (2011). In Proceedings of INTERACT 2011 Industrial Program.
• "6DSpaces: Multisensory Interactive Installation." Campos, P., Campos, M., Freitas, P., Ferreira, C., and Jorge, J. (2012). In WASET, Dubai, 2012.
• "Delineato: A Diagramming User Interface Designed Using a “What You Get is What You Need” approach." Campos, P., Campos, M., Pestana, J. IEEE COMPSAC (Kyoto 2013)
• "Yarn: a product for unraveling stories." Susan Buenafe, Luis Guzman, Namrata Kannan, Kristine Mendonza, N. Nunes, V. Nisi, Pedro Campos, Frederica Gonçalves, Miguel Campos and Paulo Freitas (2014). In Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (NordiCHI’14). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1089-1094.
• "Second Look: Combining Interactive Surfaces with Wearable Computing to support Creative Writing." Pedro Campos, Frederica Gonçalves, Michael Martins, Miguel Campos and Paulo Freitas (2014). In Proceedings of the Ninth ACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces (ITS’14). ACM, New York, NY, USA.
• "Children's Books: Paper VS Digital, What Do They Prefer?" Cesário, V., Freitas, P., Pimentel, D., Nisi, V. (2016). In Proceedings of Interaction Design and Children Conference 2016, ACM.