Our team includes experts in usability, user experience (UX) and user interface design (UI) for multiple contexts and devices. Our own R&D lab also focuses on persuasive technologies and interactive installations and partners with other international R&D Centres.
We follow along the best practices of usability engineering. With several scientific papers published internationally Wow! also holds a couple of patents.
• "Ambient Persuasion for Relieving the Stress at the Office." Campos, P. and Freitas, P. (2008). Workshop on Surrounded by Ambient Persuasion, CHI 2008.
• "Designing an Interactive Forest through sensor-based installations." Dória A., Campos,P. and Fernandes E. (2008). CHI 2008 Extended Abstracts.
• "Interactivity for Museums: Designing and Comparing Sensor-based installations." Campos, P, Dória, A, Sousa M. (2009). In Proceedings of INTERACT 2009, Springer-Verlag.
• "SimCompany: an Educational game designed through a Human Work Interaction Design Approach" Campos, P., and Campos, A.(2009). In Proceedings of INTERACT 2009, Srpinger-Verlag.
• "How high can expectations go?: practitioner issues and risks of interactive installations." Pedro Campos, Miguel Campos and Joaquim Jorge (2011). ACM Interactions 18,3 (May 2011), 30-35.
• "Foot-turistic multimedia: designing multimedia installations for shoe shops" Campos, P., Campos, M., Pestana, J. and Jorge, J. (2011). Multimedia Tools and Applications. Volume 61, Number 2 (2012), 471-487, Springer.
• "Interactive Installations: Tales from the Trenches." Campos, P., Campos, M., and Jorge, J. (2011). In Proceedings of INTERACT 2011 Industrial Program.
• "6DSpaces: Multisensory Interactive Installation." Campos, P., Campos, M., Freitas, P., Ferreira, C., and Jorge, J. (2012). In WASET, Dubai, 2012.
• "Delineato: A Diagramming User Interface Designed Using a “What You Get is What You Need” approach." Campos, P., Campos, M., Pestana, J. IEEE COMPSAC (Kyoto 2013)
• "Yarn: a product for unraveling stories." Susan Buenafe, Luis Guzman, Namrata Kannan, Kristine Mendonza, N. Nunes, V. Nisi, Pedro Campos, Frederica Gonçalves, Miguel Campos and Paulo Freitas (2014). In Proceedings of the 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (NordiCHI’14). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1089-1094.
• "Second Look: Combining Interactive Surfaces with Wearable Computing to support Creative Writing." Pedro Campos, Frederica Gonçalves, Michael Martins, Miguel Campos and Paulo Freitas (2014). In Proceedings of the Ninth ACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces (ITS’14). ACM, New York, NY, USA.
• "Children's Books: Paper VS Digital, What Do They Prefer?" Cesário, V., Freitas, P., Pimentel, D., Nisi, V. (2016). In Proceedings of Interaction Design and Children Conference 2016, ACM.
• "Designing Interactions with Furniture: Towards multi-sensorial interaction design processes for interactive furniture" Campos P., Ehrenberg N., Campos M. In Proceedings of ICEIS 2018 - International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems
• "Sense-Seat:Challenging Disruptions in Workspaces Through an Interactive Sensor-Based Seat" Ehrenberg N., Campos P., Luís Silva J. In Proceedings of ACM TEI18 - Tangible and Embedded Interaction
• "SENSE-SEAT: reimagining ergonomics for a creativity support workstation" Campos M., Campos P., Pestana J., Freitas P. In Proceedings of ACM European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics (ECCE 2017).
ACM. DOI: 10.1145/3121283.3121421
• "Understanding and Evaluating the User Interface Design for Creative Writing" Campos P., Gonçalves F. In Proceedings of ACM European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics (ECCE 2017), 8 pages. DOI: 10.1145/3121283.3121298
• "Human Work Interaction Design meets International Development" Campos, P., Clemmensen T., Brricelli B., Abdelnour-Nocera J., Lopes A., Gonçalves F. In Proceedings of INTERACT17, Springer LNCS
• "Sense.Seat: Inducing Improved Mood and Cognition through Multisensorial Priming" In 31st ACM User Interface Software and Technology Symposium (UIST 2018, Berlin)
• "CreaSenses: Fostering Creativity Through Olfactory Cues" Campos P., Cabral D., Gonçalves F. In 36th European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics (ECCE’18) DOI: 10.1145/3232078.3232090
• "Sense.Seat: Inducing Improved Mood and Cognition through Multisensorial Priming" Gonçalves F., Cabral D., Campos, P. In 31st ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology Adjunct Proceedings (UIST '18 Adjunct)
• "Health Hog: a Digital Intervention for Teenagers’ Healthier Behavior Change" Pimenta F., Campos P., Gonçalves F., Campos M., Freitas P. In Proceedings of ICGI 2019: International Conference on Graphics and Interaction
• "SCAARF:asubtleconditioningapproachfor anxiety relief facilitation" Lopes. L, Campos P. In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia (MUM’19). ACM, New York, NY, USA, Article 48, 5 pages
ARE YOU READY TO CREATE SOMETHING NEW?